Which perennial plants/ornamental grasses will thrive on a sea wall?
I am planning my spring planting and would like to design a low maintenance perennial garden on a beach side sea wall embankment. I have an area with sandy soil, on a slight slope that gets partial sun. Plant height is not an issue because it is on a slope and will not interfere with our water views. Can you recommend a true, tried and tested group of plants that fit this criteria? I do a lot of gardening but am inexperienced with plantings that will withstand salt spray from the ocean.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Answer by Rick The Brit (Spanner Thrower)
Yahoo has a new knowledge search engine which you
should find useful for plants as well as other stuff like a 'gardening' forum
Check it out i was well surprised(I was the last of my pals to find out about it :(
Good luk with it hunny
Add your own answer in the comments!
- How to Plant Perennial Flowers : Planting Perennial Bulbs
- Q&A: A woman wants to design a rectangular vegetable garden with an ornamental fence around it.?
- A FOREST GARDEN YEAR Perennial crops for a changing climate by Martin Crawford
- Which herbs and plants are easiest to grow for someone that is not familiar with gardening?
- Some Ornamental Garden Fence Ideas