Is anybody out there into hay bale gardening?
If you are hay bale gardening, tell me what plants are working for you and what plants aren't. Do you have any helpful tips about hay bale gardening?
I started doing this 3 years ago and I love it! It is so much easier than regular gardening. You're further off the ground, there are far fewer weeds and pests, it takes less water, you don't have to "till" and the old hay turns into compost when you're done!
Answer by Heidi M
I currently have 2 friends that are trying the hay bale gardening this year and so far so good. The beans and tomatoes are doing well. I didn't have time this year to try it, but will definitely try it next year.
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
- Is anyone else addicted to hay bale gardening?
- Straw Bale Gardening: Start to Finish
- Which herbs and plants are easiest to grow for someone that is not familiar with gardening?
- What should I get for my gardening grandfather for Christmas?
- How do I begin a new veg/heb garden in an already estabished gardening bed?